Thursday, September 5, 2013

fall.must


It's here.  Despite 30+ degree weather, there's no more denying it.  School has started, nights are cool, and pumpkin spice has made it's debut at your local coffee chain.  Fall is upon us.  
In honor of my most favorite of seasons, I thought I would share a few of my favorite pieces for this transitional (pre-boot) weather.


Let's start from the tip top.  The hat.  After falling in love with a similar version of this panama hat, I found this (very) inexpensive one at Forever21, and I've been toting this thing around for more than a year - somehow, I love it more and more!
Next up: the chunky sweater.  This version hails from Urban Outfitters, as does my other much-worn cream colored one.  It's the perfect thing to throw on with old denim shorts, and whatever loafers you dig for loafin' (this minty pair was a Target steal last year).


Every season calls for a new bag - right?!  I picked this soft leather satchel up at Wish Nola.  I also snagged the cutest plaid and leather dress at this shop, worthy of a post all its own!  I'm taking this tote out for it's first night on the town this evening - we'll see how she fares ;)


Finally, if you don't already have 73 different chambray shirts, you need to pick up one.  It's one of the easiest, comfiest layers out there.  This BDG number, and the Ecote tie-dye dress underneath are both U.O. pieces.  While purging/reorganizing my closet, I moved all of the summer dresses to the back, but kept a few that I think transition well stashed amongst my fall pieces.  They're perfect for this in-between weather - just throw that chunky knit or chambray over top for the evening.

I keep having 'one last hurrah' moments the past few weeks.  After a day in the classroom yesterday, organizing binders and binders and binders of lesson plans, I'm really looking forward to some fun with  my sister & co. this evening.  We're talking: pedis, sushi, and James Murphy at Union Sound Hall.  
Quite the line-up for a Thursday!

And a Happy Pre-Weekend to ya'll!
K.