Monday, July 23, 2012

summer.roadside






I am by no means a photographer, but somedays I come across things that are far, far, too pretty not to be photographed.  This beautiful wild milkweed is growing all over the countryside, and I am totally enamoured by the gentle hues and soft texture of these plants.  I'm going to add these pics to the photography collection in the sidebar... I needed a little reminder of how much I enjoy playing with my camera.
For today: coffee first, then on to finish a desk design, and post some pretty things in the shop...
K.

2 comments:

Jaimée said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like Wild Milkweed, I'll have to google Sedum, I'm not familiar with it.

Kari said...

You are totally right - it's called "Showy Milkweed"... I was thrown off by the leaf! There's a pic of wild sedum in my photography section, under the heading "Fall 2010," and here's a link to a great pic of wild sedum:
http://www.craigwilliamsgallery.com/images/Sedum_Seed.jpg
Thanks for the comment!