Thursday, July 19, 2012

Straight & Narrow, and Not at All


So once upon a time, I took a slew of personality, learning style and aptitude tests... and as it turns out, I am an unusual (surprise, surprise) combination of abstract/introvert/extrovert/organized/unorganized blah blah muh.  But.  It's true.
For me, organized = stacks and piles (pretty ones, of course); abstract is a LOVE, but a sense of symmetry and visual weight is a MUST.  There's evidence of this mentality all over my house and workspace - it's eclectic, but neat, and all together appeals to this gal, big time.
So maybe it makes sense then, that when I'm not making a mess with paint brushes, you can sometimes find me with a ruler and t-square in-hand, doing a little freelance drafting.
On the docket for today: designing a couple of armoires... to be preceded by some pool time, because guess what?  It's HOT again.  Like 44 degrees hot (that's 111 fahrenheit for my American friends).
Whew.
K.

No comments: