Monday, August 8, 2011

Almost.



I'm putting on the artist hat today and getting down to organizing and planning the painting orders for the next few months.  I seem to be doing a lot of organizing and planning lately... not sure how I feel about that.  Neither is a strength for me, but I figure I had better get over that hang-up soon since I'll be back in school (almost) full time as of September 12th.  While I'm looking forward to fall and all of those changes that come with it, I'll also admit to being a little intimidated at the idea of keeping it all afloat while I study.  Hopes are that I've created enough in the past few months to help keep the show going while I'm busy with course work.  I'm also hoping that school will feel like work and work will feel like play!  It always seems like I have more of a desire to create when I know my time is limited - there's something about that urgency that I'm kind of craving lately.  
Slow down.  
First things first: I need to enjoy the prep and planning stage, having the time to paint, and the rest of my summer fun.  Most of all I want to revel in the anticipation.  There's something so great about that "almost" feeling that comes with August.
K.



3 comments:

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love organizing and having plan. Makes me feel ready for the tasks ahead. Also, I love that hat.

Anonymous said...

What will you be studying?

Kari said...

I WISH I had those inclinations Tanya! Ohh, to be a natural organizer :)

To answer your question Anonymous - I'm heading back full time to finish a Bachelor of Arts degree that I've been pecking away at over the past few years.