Friday, August 26, 2011

al.fresco


One of my favorite things about the warm months is the outdoor dining option.  Last night was *perfect* for al fresco eats.  And even better when most everything on the plate is also freshly picked and locally grown.  
Here's the menu: 
-Cucumber, tomato and cheddar with black pepper and light garlic mayo on toasted whole wheat
-Mixed romaine greens with almonds, pine nuts, noodles and sesame dressing
-Cantaloupe 
-Chilled white wine (OF COURSE)
Simple.
I'll definitely be putting this sort of spread on repeat.
YUM.
K.
--- The 308th Post Giveaway will remain open for entries until midnight Sunday. ---

3 comments:

Jaimée said...

I still have those bowls from Pier 1. I love them!

Kari said...

Hehe, me too :) I just found a stash of P1 candles hiding in my house lol - now waiting for 'Pumpkin Spice' season to light 'em up!

Natasha said...

That describes my summer dining in a nutshell (especially the chilled white wine & fresh fruit!)