Friday, July 29, 2011

The Garden State


Here I am, photographing my yard mid-season and keeping up as best I can with my Summer Goals for 2011.  We've had a lot of hot hot heat here this July, so things are maybe looking even more mature than usual for this time of year... everything is beyond full bloom and the planters are as filled-out as they can be without splitting wide open.  One plant that I was super excited to inherit with this home is the hydrangea (white bloom in the photos).  It's gorgeous and the perfect cut flowers to keep in vases around the house.  Hmm, and if I had to decide which of my own additions I'm most inclined to be proud of, I would have to go with the vines I planted around the porch and along the side of the house (Engleman's Ivy, Honeysuckle, Virginia Creeper, and another whose name is a mystery to me).
Thus concludes my yard and garden tour for the day : )
Happy Friday ya'll!
K.




2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ahhh such pretty flowers, Kari. :) I have a hydrangea bush in my backyard too! :D

Kari said...

Hydrangeas are a favorite for sure... so pretty and they smell soooo good around the house :)