Thursday, June 30, 2011

color.TURQUOISE


I was just looking at Caitlin's painting again and thinking over why-oh-why I'm so drawn in by it.  Not to over-simplify her intentions or the meaning behind the piece (which I also dig, by the way), but my first reaction is always to color.  And when it comes to color... turquoises, watery blues and minty greens always draw me in.  The rest of the image or details of an item or artwork are what keep my interest - initially though, it's the hue and texture that capture me.  The antique cabinet on my back porch is a perfect example of this: Color - Check, Patina - CHECK + CHECK... then I take in the shape, details (check out that cutesy handle), etc.  Hmm, makes me wonder what makes ya'll fall in love with something... 
Any takers?
K.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Blues are always so pretty and calming. I really like your cabinet, Kari. :) your right about the color and patina...perfect!

I think it's personal preference and also the feeling that something was loved. These things have charm and it works!

Mrs. T said...

That is beautiful!
I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! Your work is amazing... am envious of your talents. Shame on me, I know.
Thank you for posting beautiful things for us to see. :)

Kari said...

I agree CIndy - charm is definitely key!

And thank you Mrs. T for your lovely comment - it's so nice to hear that you like what see around here :)