Monday, April 25, 2011

exhibit.ED

"River Runs Through"

Well, well, this here's my first real attempt at water.  Is that weird?  I'm not sure how I've been into painting for most of my 20's without ever really painting the blue?!  "River Runs Through" is another of the pieces that I did for the green-themed exhibit... nature counts, right?  
That's enough questions for one post.
I'm not sure if Easter Monday is a 'thing'... but after putting in a solid 12 on Friday and working late into the night on Saturday, I'm taking the afternoon off and doing one of those self-proclaimed holidays.  Here's how I know it's going to be a great afternoon off:
-It's supposed to be super warm out.  
-I'm having coffee with Kris.  
-I'm making dessert for the...
-BBQ with the cousins for supper
-And I'll finish 'er off with a long run tonight
Nice.  Now to complete a sewing project I abandoned in the wee hours of Sunday...
Hope ya'll have a great Monday too!
K.

5 comments:

K said...

I'd say your water looks excellent :) Beautiful painting! Definitely inspires me to get my paints out.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Your self proclaimed holiday sounds way busier than a holiday :). Love the water!

Kari said...

Thanks for the painting props girls :) And Tanya, I promise to take a time-out in my hammock this afternoon! Lol

Brooke said...

Kar, beautiful painting. I love how the water looks so calm - the reflection is awesome in it! I wish for a magic carpet to have a create-date with you. One day.
xo B

Kari said...

I hope you find a genie to grant that wish B, I would love a create-date with you! Take care sweet girl!
xo