Mmm. Muffins. Here's the recipe that's been making my house smell delicious lately:
3 large ripe bananas
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1. Set oven to 375 F
2. Mash bananas in a medium sized bowl and add sugar
3. Slightly beat the egg and then add to the banana mixture
4. Melt margarine and add to mixture
5. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
6. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and mix until barely blended
7. Optional: add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
8. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes
(Yields about 12 large muffins)
This recipe is super quick and easy to whip-up, so I usually just make a single batch since they are best fresh! (However, they do freeze well too!). Of course I like to make myself a nice frothy latte to go with a muffin straight outta the oven - that's my motivation on Friday mornings : )
I have a 'thing' for over-sized muffins - if anyone has any great recipes I would love it if you share... I'm looking for something awesome in the carrot or pumpkin family these days.
Whew, Thursday. Lookin' like a quick gym outing, sewing, sewing, sewing and then a looong walk in the sunshine... likely followed by more sewing!
Here I go.