Monday, March 14, 2011

The Weekender

I got madly infatuated with my new process for hammering out my design sketches on Friday afternoon. Aside from a quick trip to the gym at supper time, I hibernated up in my lair all night working on a drawing.  There was some sorta freakish March snowstorm going on outside, so it was a perfect night to hide upstairs and watch it all go down outside my studio windows, while I worked away with a glass of wine, listening to the wind and my tunes.  
Kind of was a great sort of night (although, of course, I can always do without snow).
Saturday was a bit more work, errands, emails and reading for my course.  There also may have been some cookie baking and then it was off to supper with two of my favorite soon-to-be-marrieds.  Sooo excited for their wedding - only 12 days left on the countdown to Dominican!
Sunday was a bit of a Dominican to-do list day in the city with my fam.  It occurred to me that I haven't bought a pair of shorts in years (more of a skirt/dress gal here)  - so it was a mission for shorties mostly and a few other odds and ends.  I actually found two pairs that I like and I swear I will wear them in lieu of a skirt, for real : )  Topped the trip off with some sushi and I was smiling for sure.
Monday so far has been online errands, and there's few more of those before I get back to the e-sketches this afternoon. I'm so excited to get back to work that I might not even need any coffee today - whaaa?!  Actually, I'm just generally excited with some new goals and prospects that randomly popped up this weekend - more on that when I have details...
Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
K.

No comments: