Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nubby Panama Hat


1. Urban Renewal Vintage Enameled Navajo Necklace - Urban Outfitters
2. Unisex DQ0006 Aviator Sunglasses - DSquared2
3. Nubby Panama Hat - Urban Outfitters
4. Wool Jive Scarf - Nicholas K
5. Native Beauty Strapless Dress - Ruche
6. PS1 Large Leather Satchel - Proenza Schouler
7. Leather Weaves Belt - Ruche
8. Western Sunset Cowboy Boots - Ruche
9. Decadent Swanky Ring Moonstone - Nashelle
10. Geometric Chain Bracelet - Urban Outfitters

There are a lot of directions you could go with the Nubby Panama Hat from Urban Outfitters.  The first that came to be was a sort of bohemian influenced look - a personal favorite for 3 out of 4 seasons.  A key to mastering that earthy feel is in the materials you select.  In this case I went with cotton, leather, metal and moonstone.  Embellishments such as embroidery and beading in tribal-look patterns and jewelry designs help to pull it all together and define the style.
I love this sort of style when I'm traveling - Where do you see yourself wearing an outfit like this?
K.
--- For the record: As much as I love U.O. - what is up with the name of this hat?  I get that it's about the texture, but I am not a fan of the word 'nubby.'  Just sayin'. ---


6 comments:

Morgan said...

Oooh, I love that necklace & the bag.

Kari said...

Isn't that necklace awesome?! Kinda want it :)

Miss Katie said...

LOVE the bag. But it will take a bunch of month's of saving to get my clothing budget up to it's price tag. Sigh...

Kari said...

I hear ya... Hence the mix of high/low price tags in these posts. I love looking at the designer goods, even if I can't have 'em! Ha.

Miss Katie said...

just need to make a trip out to NY and find a street vendor with "good as geniune" proenza bags. haha

Kari said...

You mean "Proanza" or "Proinza" bags? Top of the line, high quality for sure... just changed a vowel. Lol