Monday, March 7, 2011

Hat Me at Hello


1. Hat Me at Hello - ModCloth
2. Sheer Stripe Womens Top Cream - Full Tilt
3. Printed Silk Satin Tank - Erdem Athea
4. Ten Gallon Necklace - Modcloth
5. Oversized Stretch Watch - Urban Outfitters
6. Caroline Sandals - Rebecca Minkoff
7. Denim Shorts - Sass & Bide
8. Cream Nautical Tent Beach Bag - Debenhams
9. Butterfly Square-Frame Metal Sunglasses - Victoria Beckham
10. Candace Ang Taupe Isis Bracelet - Urban Outfitters

Look number, two based on the Hat Me at Hello fedora from ModCloth, has two important elements that make the outfit super versatile: the silk top and the sandals.  A silk top can be like a piece of art.  In this case I chose a dark but bright version that anchors the rest of an otherwise light hued ensemble.  This outfit can easily transition to evening wear if the shorts are replaced with skinny white cargo pants and the sweater swapped out for a colorful cardigan.  The gorgeous Caroline sandals are the perfect multi-tasking footwear since they add a bit of glam-factor to an otherwise laid back look and can seamlessly go from daytime to nighttime wear.  I have a version of this outfit put together in my closet and I'm waiting (rather impatiently) for warm weather so I can break it out.
2 outfit posts down, 6 to go... 
Until tomorrow friends,
K.   



7 comments:

K said...

That's a fantastic outfit, and it makes me look VERY wistfully out at the fresh snow from yesterday and think about my own sandals, which are just BEGGING to be worn again! Can't wait for the warmer weather :)

PS: I said I'd link you up to my Etsy shop when it opened, and although I opened it up at like 1.30 AM this morning, it's looking pretty sparse. Here's the link, and I'm definitely looking into more developing:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SingleDoubleTreble

Kari said...

Kaeleigh, I'm SO done with winter! I'm trying really hard to believe that I will be warm again ;) Soon. Right?!
By the way, that lil' Woodland Owl in your Etsy shop is just too cute! Can't wait to see more.

K said...

Well thanks :)
I didn't comment on the first outfit but I love those jeans from AE and STILL want a pair sooo much. I'm a big fan of slouchy jeans.
Also, did you get my FB mail?

Kari said...

I did get your message - sorry, I'm trying to limit FB time to a couple minutes per day ;) I will respond in the next day or two!

K said...

OK no worries, just making sure it got to you...FB can be VERY glitchy! Next time I'll just blog-message you :)

Kari said...

Ha. I'm awful with FB... email is best: dove.tree.art@gmail.com

K said...

Duly noted :) Should I resend the mail? haha.