Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Painted House

Tumblr_kpmu3dph951qztvk1o1_500_large


honey1


I do have a "thing" for cute houses... I live in one afterall (below).  It seems that I am always on the lookout for other sweet, and preferably old homes.  There's something about that kind of character that makes me want to know the story behind any given hunk of wood and brick.  There has been talk around here of painting the house this summer.  I must say, I am a little leery of straying from the oh-so recognizable yellow.  It works with my hammocks and my gardening habits, and gives the porch a pretty tropical feel during happy hour : )  Who doesn't want to be surrounded by ferns, palms and citrus colors when they're enjoying a mojito?  The other combos that I could potentially be okay with are gray/yellow/black or gray/red/white.  But.  BUT.  Ya know what I mean?  I'm not convinced.
Homework bound, afternoon with Jamie, yoga, The End.  
(Notice that coffee did not make the to-do list?  Sad.)
K.
--- Dove Tree is sponsoring on "Here's lookin' at me kid"  - Mandi has put together a whole new look for her blog.  Check it out here! ---


4 comments:

Christina said...

what an adorable house you have. and wonderful blog & etsy shop, too. glad i found you via i go by katie.

consider me your newest follower :)

Kari said...

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for the love - happy to have you following along!
Take care!
-Kari

Jaimee said...

I'm also a fan of the cute house, I live in one to! Though City cute houses aren't quite as cute as your cute house.

Kari said...

I consider us lucky gals, Jaimee, to live in the oldies ;) I can't imagine life in a new house after living with all the quirks and character!