Friday, February 25, 2011

Design Inspiration:

A Storyboard

I'm taking one more painting day (well, maybe the weekend too) and then the next two weeks will be about compiling and sketching for new warm-weather dresses, skirts and maybe even accessories if I'm really on it.  Part of the process is going to be about recording my inspiration and influences this time around.  It's about keeping a consistency, but also as a way of being able to look back at how the pieces evolved.  Whether it's art, design (fashion or other) there is always a point of inspiration somewhere in the creation process... it seems like a good idea track these points and to start with a design storyboard to keep a focus.  Organized creativity?!  Not that I promise to stick to a plan, but I love the idea of having a 'go-to' when I need a little push in  one direction or another.
First, coffee and lunch with my gal Clar and then on and on with the painting.
Happy Friday!
K.
--- The image/words above are the first pieces of my inspiration storyboard... thoughts anyone? 

4 comments:

K said...

I think just having a pretty storyboard will be a good push when you're having inspirational blocks. Maybe you can make another one with the items you'd like to incorporate in your fashions: feathers, sequins, etc.

Kari said...

Lol, totally agreed Kaeleigh! And there are other boards in the works with feathers, fabrics, etc... I just think I'll save them to share later or maybe do something with the whole lot of 'em after I'm finished designing?! Yeahhh. Too many ideas, not enough hours in the day ;)

Katie said...

HI Kari,

This is beautiful. Your entire blog is so calming, peaceful and elegant. I love it :)

Happy to be following!
xoxo
Katie
http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Kari said...

Wow, thanks so much for the lovely comment Katie! And thanks for following :)
Hope you're having a great weekend!
xo
-Kari