Friday, February 18, 2011

6 Confessions

I've been pondering doing this "6 Confessions" post that's been going around all week after Leigh Ann of Freckled Nest blog made her confessions to the world.  I'm ready now, to make my own.



1. I make a mean tuna salad.  The secret is diced dill pickles.  Yeah.  I basically avoid meat as much as possible.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I am rarely interested in anything that isn't seafood (with the exception of the occasional formerly-feathered food item).
2. Sometimes I worry that I won't be busy enough... so I tend to overload my schedule in a panic and then end up wishing for more hours in the day.  I do thrive on busyness though, and probably wouldn't feel satisfied any other way.
3. I drink A LOT of water, never less than 2 liters/day... usually more like 3.
4. I'm like a bird: easily distracted by bright lights and shiny objects.  Ha.  I really am a serious daydreamer, it's just the way I'm made.  I think I'm okay with that.
5. Not in an obsessive way, but I actually really, truly, honestly do love running, yoga and going to the gym.  It's part of my day that I always look forward to. 
6. I have a lot in common with my grandma - probably with yours too... I love baking, sewing, gardening and shouting the answers at the t.v. when Wheel of Fortune is on.  (I would have won countless times, if only Pat and Vanna heard me).
There it is.  What are your confessions?
Back to the paintbrushes with me...
Happy Friday!
K.

7 comments:

K said...

I love this :) So you're one of the viewers yelling at the TV when the contestant is just totally stumped on the final puzzle? Haha, that's me in Jeopardy!
And I have a lot in common with my grandmas too....so many afghans on the go. In fact, when my grandma Schroeder passed away, I was the one to get her yarn and half-finished afghan. Win!
So...do I post my confessions in the comments here, or on a blog somewhere? :)

Kari said...

You can consider this comment section your personal confessional - Spill your guts lady :)

K said...

Will do ;)

1. I would eat breakfast for every meal if I could. Something as mundane as Honey Nut Cheerios or something as awesome as banana chocolate chip pancakes, it doesn't matter. Yum; best meal of the day for sure. Plus it comes with coffee!
2. I read scary books even though I don't like watching scary movies...Thomas Harris, Stephen King, Alfred Hitchcock Presents collections, oh yeah. And it ALWAYS screws me up. I just finished The Shining again and had bizarre dreams all night last night.
3. I think Mennonite counts as a culture in some ways when you're as far removed from the original "Old Colony-style" stuff as I am...I mean, faspa and meddachshlop are part of how I grew up!
4. I have TV channel obsessions. When I lived in residence, I would watch GSN (the game show network) every chance I got. In my old apartment during my thesis, it was Food Network. Before we got rid of TV here it was Slice and moving into HGTV. Probably a good thing that we don't have TV anymore...I was running out of good channels!
5. I can watch or listen to the same thing over and over again (this is slightly related to the above confession). Like, actually. I once watched Labyrinth five consecutive times, and I put God Am by Alice in Chains on repeat for an entire two or three days. Some things I just love.
6. I want to run, but I am miserable at it. I have "picked up" running at least ten times since my mom started running about eight years ago, and every time I get back into it, I find a way to injure myself out of it again. It's very VERY frustrating, but somewhere deep down, I know I'll never give it up, because it seems like it should be something everyone can do!

Kari said...

I've since learned that I also yell at the t.v. during House Hunters International... some people are SO ignorant! Ha, and apparently I'm easily riled-up ;)

K said...

Haha I think I used to yell at the TV with them too. Or just House Hunters at all...I've lived either in shared housing (residence) or apartments, and hearing these people get snippy about what they think are small bathrooms...come on!

Katie said...

Your page is simply stunning. I truly adore it :)

xoxo
Katie
http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Kari said...

Thanks so much for the thoughtful comment Katie - I really appreciate it!
Take care!
-Kari