Friday, January 14, 2011

I Wear Eye Wear


I've worn the specs since I was a bookworm of a kid... until junior high when I made the switch to contact lenses.  At the time it was a matter of braces AND glasses, c'mon!  That combo plus the 5'10" super-skinny-haven't-grown-into-my-body-yet frame was just killer for the 12 year-old self-esteem.  That all makes me laugh now, even though it was exactly as bad as it sounds : )  
Anyway, so I've had the pair in the photo above for years but they are an outdated prescription.  I had an eye exam yesterday where the optometrist kindly pointed out that my eyes haven't changed in years and I shouldn't be driving in these glasses.  Okay, I get it, I'm hazardous in these things... it is time I do something about it.

So far I've got a top three pairs of 
GEEKERY:
Kate Spade Eyeglasses Florence, Horn Tortoise (0SVF(00))
Vogue Eyeglasses VO2536B, Striped Brown/Orange Transparent (1591)
Kate Spade Eyeglasses Karen, Mushroom (0Y17(00))

... and a bunch of others I love but probably couldn't pull off:

Whaddya think?
K.
--- Oh, and yes, yes I am mostly blonde again! ---



7 comments:

anita said...

you need to ck out my geek glasses. :)

Paper Airplanes said...

I lovvve geek glasses. I bought these ones from clearlycontacts.ca. Cheap and here in no time!

http://72.32.170.244/imageresources/product/glasses/XL/derek-cardigan-7004-green-tortoiseshell-me-XL.gif

Kari said...

Thanks for the link Miss Des - sooo many options out there, it's gonna take me forever to decide.

And Anita, yes I do need to check out your geekery ;)

sandra Kafka said...

oooo! I would say you would look uber cute in the tortoise shell raybands.
xxo

hollysarah said...

I've been putting together a post about frames!! My favorite ones are definitely geeky secretary inspired. I think I have finally locked my choice down on a pair of Scandinavian Eyewear frames (Osborne Spectacle) and I plan to blog about them soon! I've been searching for the right pair for about 2 years now... these things take time! ;)
ps: your hair is so pretty. #curlenvy

katie said...

Lady, the kate spade's are awesome (and i'm not biased due to the namesake)... also, you could pull off #3 on your list.

Kari said...

Wow - thanks for all the in-put ladies! I'm super excited to find just the right pair - lol, hopefully it doesn't take me two years though Holly :)