Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Collage Project... Reveal I





A few years back I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely gal named Leanne who was looking for someone to do the decor for her wedding... I can't speak for her, but it was instant *like* for me.  I was actually totally disappointed to have met her only weeks before she planned to move away from this little town.  But, fast forward a couple of years and hey, we're still in touch!  Leanne has been a friend and a very, very faithful art client ever since.  Our meetings are always fun and without fail, include coffee and a good chat.
This collage is composed of words from the "advice tree" at her wedding, handwritten on wood/paper collage (click on the top photo to see a larger image).  The whole piece (frame included) is about 5' wide and 2' tall, in a 2" deep frame.
Off for the usual Tuesday afternoon adventure I go.
K.


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Very cool Kari. So nice to be able to create art for others - and art with great meaning! xoxo B

K said...

I like the incorporation of the advice from her wedding, that's excellent!