Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011...


I've never really been into resolutions, but I'm finding with a business that goals are inevitable and not only that, but accountability is an important part of accomplishing those goals.  So, while I remain my stubborn self and refuse to call these New Year's resolutions, here's a few aims for 2011:


-Streamline my online presence so that it's all linked and visually cohesive - whether this means a website with links to blog, shop and art, or something totally different I haven't decided yet.  I think things are just a little scattered about right now and I'd like to pull it all together - I think that will help me with focus too (this should be a whole other goal).


-Finish a slew of spring/summer dresses in the next couple of months so they're ready to photograph and hopefully put it into 'lookbook' format in the warmer months.

20090105154105
-Work away on my time management skills, or lack thereof... Maybe a self-imposed schedule would be wise, or some way of ensuring that I work fewer late nights, especially when the classes start-up again.  I will need serious luck on this one because I'm just not the most naturally organized person.

Tumblr_ldh22hnmr11qa6lpho1_500_large
-Speaking of classes, 2011 needs to down another 9-12 credit hours... which doesn't sound like a lot, but there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to do everything I want to do, so I'm hoping this is me being realistic. Ha.


-Keep on with the pace of the painting - it's been so good to split time on the creative outlets in the last couple of months, I am totally loving doing artwork for people and some just for fun too.  I would love for part of this goal to be accumulating some sort of stock as well, so that I can also post finished pieces for sale instead of only doing custom.  I think most of my favorites have happened when I just go with my gut, no restraints or guidelines... even though that's a good challenge too.


-And (last one, I swear) on a more personal note I want to keep up with the water chugging and gym/running/yoga routine.  I've always been active, but the consistency I've had going in the last half of 2010 has really had me *feeling* healthy.  (Just don't ask me to lift anything heavier than a latte - ha ha!)

There you have it folks, now to get moving on all the plans for 2011!  
What sorts of resolutions and goals did y'all set for the New Year?
K.

-You can check out the 2010 goals and how it all played out HERE.


5 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

haha I don't like to make resolutions either, so I just make goals for the year, improvements from the last :) Good luck with yours!

Kari said...

It's kinda funny to have such an aversion to the word 'resolution' hey?! Glad to hear I'm not the only one :) Good luck with your GOALS too! haha

K said...

I like your challenges for the new year...especially the one about the dresses ;) Good luck with them; I think it's safe to say this post is fairly inspiring. I feel like I should go paint now!

Kari said...

Thanks K - now keep me accountable :) Haha, there are several dresses that haven't made it to the shop yet... time to get on it hey?!

K said...

You know it! Now I'll be checking for them :D