Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tulu Textiles

Tulu

Tulu

Tulu
The photos above are from Tulu, a gorgeous fabric and textile shop in Istanbul, Turkey.  Tulu is owned by an American antique textile dealer and textile designer named Elizabeth Hewitt.  Her beautiful handmade fabrics are modern, yet highly reminiscent of traditional Turkish style.  The architecture and textiles of this part of the world have long fascinated me, and I am lucky to have visited Turkey myself.  If only I had known about Tulu - As it turns out, the guest house I stayed at in Istanbul was only a few short blocks away! 
Here are a few of my own textile-inspired photos from Turkey: 






Thursday looks like art, art, sew for me.  After the Tuesday/Wednesday combo of other creative-but-not-my-own-pursuits jobs, I'm ready to get into my projects again.  That's what I like about being off on other adventures a couple of days a week, it gives a little urgency to my M/Th/F.  
K.
*** I will be posting the name of the winner of the 100th post.give.away on Friday ***
*** Watch for details of a holiday sale coming to my Etsy shop soon ***

No comments: