Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hittin' the Books


Hmm.  It's beyond time for me to sign up for some 2011 classes... and I am procrastinating, of course.  I did tell myself I would take until January to get organized with working from home and all the changes that brings.  However, I must say that I am ready to get back to it.  I miss books.  This time around I will be sure to read the fine print a little more carefully.  That last class had at least one too many essays... you shouldn't have to write 45 pages of anything for an undergrad class, that's just silly no matter how interesting the topics.  I'm torn on the next go being The 19th Century English Novel or American Lit.  I've taken some of each and have more than half of the books either way... I just cannot seem to decide.  Wow, not only am I geeky today, I'm also totally boring.  I'm putting myself to sleep here, geez.  My apologies.
Moving on...
Yesterday was Bloom day for me - playin' florist with Pegster.  We do always have so much fun.  This time around, both of our sisters came for a visit at the same time, so it was girl party in the flower shop - seems so fitting.  Hey!  This means sister is home and for three wonderful weeks this time - hurray!
This afternoon is more painting - fingers crossed on getting that puppy done before Saturday.  Oh the self-imposed deadline, always such a good idea when it's a week away.  I'm sure I'll thank myself next week when I take some equally as self-imposed days off.  I know I will, I am kinda on the desperate side for some time to re-evaluate and boy am I looking forward to sitting on the couch with my sketchbook and watercolor pens or some other grand form of ink that I just can't seem to find the time for lately.  Yes, please.
For now, baking away and getting super excited to see my friend Clar at noon - it's been waaay too long since we've had lunch, and I miss her pretty lil' face.  Luckily, not for long.
K.

7 comments:

Meg said...

I think that sister day at the shop should be mantitory from time to time. So good! I might add a little productivity on my part for the next one, but, ah, whatever, atleast Coh was there to keep me moving :) Gotta work off that plyer pinch, lol!

Kari said...

Ohhhh my dear Peg, that plier pinch was a hoot, but seriously exaggerated on your part - Not much to pinch there ;) And yes to sister days, I do love sisters! xo

K said...

What are you taking courses for? I would say...without knowing any of the reading lists...the 19th Century Novel. Sounds like it might have potential. American Lit maybe, but that one sounds more contemporary and maybe it's the season but I'm feeling old-school.
And I'm always happy to indulge a book ramble ;)

Kari said...

Ohhh Kaeleigh, I am finishing up an Arts degree that was left in the dust a while back. I'm leaning towards the 19th C Eng Lit because I do love the reading list contents. The Am Lit course is all pre-1900s, but still mod in comparison. And hey! Thanks for appreciating the geekery today ;)

K said...

Oh Arts degrees. I took an English once, Literature and Horror (a 3 credit hour selected topics class) and it was THE BEST EVER! I hope your English course goes well :) What's your major? Planning on using it for anything after you're done, or just finishing it up so it IS done, haha.

Kari said...

Kaeleigh - I mostly want to finish just to get it out of the way, it nags me. I've decided to just finish Gen. Arts for now until I figure out if I'll do anything further. You know, like if I decide to become a full time student again at the age of 87 - lol!

K said...

That's definitely my school plan! I'd love to get a second degree in something...for free, when I'm old and bored with crocheting ;) haha!