Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Collage Project... Sneak a Peek


A little taste of the collages I've been working on lately.  This one was just for fun, using my own words handwritten on left-over paper from other projects.  This particular piece is 3' x 3' on 1/4" plywood.  The frame is made of pine... and it took me way too long to figure out how to get it this color.  Six coats of Dark Walnut and one of Ebony.  Geez.  This made me wish I could ask for Grandpa's help on the project, he would've had it nailed much quicker than I.
I will post more pics of this and the other collage piece after Christmas Eve when the ordered one heads off to its new home.
I'm having some trouble believing that it's December 21st today.  Seriously?!  Did this month even happen?  I'm not ready, this painting is definitely not ready - just hoping I can pull this week off somehow!
Back to the sky and the trees and the hands covered in paint... I do love that.
K. 

4 comments:

K said...

Are you using your own font, or did you manage to stumble on Jellyka's fonts too? I used one that looks almost exactly like the one in your collage for my forearm tattoo :) Love.

Kari said...

This is Jellyka inspired, but done free-hand. I love it too, and was actually thinking of having a small tattoo done on my wrist with this font. What is your forearm tattoo of? I don't think I've seen that one...

Carmelle said...

So so awesome Kari! How is it possible I am constantly in complete awe of everything & anything you do.

Kari said...

Wow, thanks Carmelle - you are the sweetest and always seem to make my day with your comments :)
xo