Tuesday, November 16, 2010

8 Mile...

End of the Road.


I can't even count how many times I've driven down the mile 8 road on my country drives; it's the perfect 'from-here-to-there' between my favorite stops.  If you're west-bound, there are a whole lot of very pretty little ponds, puddles and marshes right before you hit the highway.  I have been meaning to stop and snap a couple of pics for weeks and I'm so glad that I did last week.  I love the totally bleached-out look that happens at the very end of fall, when all of the life and color is fading fast.  Of course, I would rather do without the part that comes between now and spring.  It would suit me just fine to skip back to the green state-of-being without the ice and cold in between.

Today it's work on art orders, then off for a chilly afternoon of photo adventure, to be followed up by yoga class and wine with a girly friend in the evening.  That's a good kind of busy day.

K.



No comments: