Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Skirt Project.


Here's the pattern I created last week to do-up in a variety of different lengths, colors, and fabrics.  And this one, this one I think will stay with me.  I just love the color and texture of this vintage fabric for fall- it's very military-esque.  I'm thinking about adding some vintage brass buttons to it - Ya?  It will probably require wearing a pair of tights, or at least some big tall boots pretty soon, but for now while the sun is warm, I'll be running around in this allll week.  Well, it's a small town, so maybe not all week.  Reduce, re-use, recycle, re-wear?!
Kidding people.
This week is silly busy around here with things to do.  It's got to be heavy on the art, photographing, posting, blog touch-ups and a little leaner on the sewing... throw in a totally unrelated bunch of 'else' (which I will get into sometime later) and it's just going to fly by.  Today will be the day to finish the last three skirts, do the errands, off to yoga class tonight and then probably back to work after dark.  
Think I will need a Jonny's run to pull this off.
K.




2 comments:

Jessica said...

The skirt looks great, I can tell it would be really versatile and comfy, too!

Jessica
http://www.jrose-studio.blogspot.com/

Kari said...

Thanks Jessica! And thanks for the link to your blog, it's so pretty!