Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Forgiveness Rock Record


Here's the deal.  Tonight I will not be at the Broken Social Scene concert.  I will however be at Tiki's 1st birthday party.  This means that I really do love Tiki, because BSS has been a constant in my playlist since at least 2002.  Yikes, that's a long relationship we've had.  It's been members in and members out, but I always end up loving the sound they produce.  'All to All' has a great sound, but (as a wise and very musically inclined friend once told me - ahem, David) you HAVE TO listen to it in the context it was intended.  In other words, hear-out the entire album.  I'm neutral on this particular video but as far as the actual album goes, I'm tempted to say that if you are at all into indie rock, you'll be a fan.  
In solidarity, I'll be having an all BSS day, musically speaking.  Good background for phase two of the skirt project.  So far, it's cut in four colors and there's another four on stand-by.  Each one will have some unique aspect to it like applique, ruffles, etc.  Cute, comfy, high-waisted, and totally flattering - I think I'll probably have to make one for me too!
First things first though.  And by that, I am obviously talking about coffee.  
Obviously.
K.
P.S. - Happy Happy to wee Tiki on her number one birthday.
-Check-out the Rococo Blue & Lace Dress in the I'm Blue Treasury on Etsy and the Dark Chocolate High-Waist Skirt in the Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puff Treasury.

4 comments:

Amanda Barkey said...

love love love Bss, im partial to you forgot it in people tho... that album brings back lots of lovely memories :) sad for you that you arent going to see them tonight... thats one lucky one year old that you are devoted to!

Anything but Bland said...

i am your new follower! return the favor? Hope we can be friends! :)

love, polly

Kari said...

Nice to meet you, new friend Polly! Consider yourself followed ;)

Anything but Bland said...

thank you! you're so sweet! :)