Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fly Me to the Moon

"Attersee" - Gustav Klimt

"The Artist's Wife" - Egon Schiele

After visiting MuseumsQuartier in Vienna, these pieces by two of my favorite artists have become my 'go-to' pieces when I'm looking for a little inspiration.  Seeing works by these artists and those housed at the Kunsthistorisches (Museum of Art History) was completely surreal and honestly one of my favorite memories.  I think Vienna turned out to be a great choice for my sisterly travel-mate too... She was pretty much in her element visiting Freud's apartment.  Maybe it was that we were on week 6 abroad, or that we fit in amongst the many other tall people, but we both agreed that we could easily call Vienna home.
Think I'll peruse some trip pics for ideas... now that my brain is in travel la-la-land.
Then, it's on to the prepping, priming, painting rhythm of the day.
K.




No comments: