Friday, September 24, 2010

The Last of the Mojitos







A couple more autumn pics... large and in charge.

I'm hoping for another chance to frolic around the countryside taking pictures of all the fall beauty out there.  I'm crossing my fingers that the forecast is right and it'll be sunny skies all weekend long.  
Pretty laid back weekend going on here - hammock nap with a book and tea to start it off later today, maybe a last summer-style hurrah on Saturday?  We'll see how it plays out.  Either way I'm going to have to take advantage of the last of the fresh mint in the herb planter and make some Mojitos to enjoy on the porch.  

Here's my fav Mojito recipe:

3 FRESH MINT SPRIGS
2 TSP SUGAR
3 TBSP LIME JUICE
1 KEY LIME, SLICED
1  1/2 OZ WHITE RUM
CLUB SODA

-CRUSH PART MINT & COAT SIDES OF GLASS
-ADD SUGAR & LIME JUICE, STIR WELL
-TOP WITH ICE
-ADD RUM, MIX
-TOP WITH CHILLED CLUB SODA
-ADD SLICED LIME & REMAINING MINT

*Personally, I like it a little tart, with an extra TBSP of lime juice and 1/2 the sugar called for... And really, I think this drink is meant to be shared, so I usually make a pitcher to enjoy with friends (about 6 times recipe).

Enjoy and Happy Weekend!
K.



1 comment:

Melvis said...

Last of the Mojitos

I love it