Thursday, September 23, 2010

Art of the Workspace


This is a big step for me, this sharing the artwork thing - so I'm starting with the easy stuff, the 'for fun' stuff.  We'll see, maybe I'll get to posting artwork on a semi-regular basis?!  This could be a whole new 'thing' here...  
These are all pieces done specifically with my workspace in mind, hence the mis-matchy/matchy palette.  Here's the background and materials for each... 



1. Village.  (I know, very creative naming process going on here.)  The first piece is acrylic on recycled particle board.  I primed over the painting that came in the (thrifted) frame.  The sky is inspired by a painting I saw of the Eiffel Tower... everything else about the piece was totally unplanned and just good messy fun with gobs of paint/extender.


2.  The cityscape drawing is ink on printed paper and it isn't based on any city in particular, just a random assortment of buildings and streets.  This piece came about after I watched '500 Days of Summer.'  I have no real love for that movie, but I do have some serious love for Zooey Deschanel.  The architectural drawings on her (movie) boyfriend's bedroom wall were beautiful and I loved that he was always toting a sketchpad around. 



 3.  This last one is acrylic on canvas board and again, this frame is a made-over thrift find.  'Dame' is based off of a drawing in one of my sketchbooks... I think the original concept is from a vintage fashion book I have stacked somewhere in this funny old house.   

I'm off to run a couple of errands with my newly renewed driver's license, after only 3 weeks of puttering around without realizing it was time to do that again.  I'm bright, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Lol.  Oh my.  After that it's back to work upstairs... I was locked up in my workspace until sometime after 10:00 last night and really good things were happening, so hopefully I can find that mode again today!

First things first, Pumpkin Spice Latte please.

K.

P.S. - Pardon the digital 'Dove Tree' stamp, and please credit the source or contact me if you would like to use these images.

8 comments:

Katie said...

The cityscape drawing is beautiful!

Kari said...

Thanks Katie!

Anonymous said...

Yay you posted the artwork!

I like the ink on printed paper, it's a very cool look.
Well...I like ALL of them, I just wanted to shout out that technique, I really like it.

Kaeleigh

Kari said...

Ya, ya I finally did... Thanks for the love Kaeleigh!

Heidi Tremblay said...

Kari...first time I've seen your art! What a gift! Thanks for sharing. You inspire me.

Kari said...

Thanks Heidi, that means a lot coming from a painter-friend!

B and B said...

I just found these and ! love them! I've always wanted to be able to paint/ draw. You've got some serious talent! Keep it up! I want to see more!

Kari said...

Thanks for the lovely comment! (You can see more by clicking the "Paintings & Drawings" button under the "Fine Art" label in the left sidebar). Hope you have a great day :)