Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 Simple Goals


After reading Elsie's blog this morning, I've been pondering all day about whether or not to join in the '4 Simple Goals (before 2011)' challenge that she posted... mostly because I tend to be a wee bit on the shy side when it comes to my thoughts and hopes.  BUT, here goes nothing:

1.  Plan another trip with the huz. 'Plan' because I'm thinking we won't actually get away until after New Years.  It's been a year since the last travel adventure took us to Turkey, the longest I've gone without leaving the continent in years and boy, am I ever itchin' to see more of the world!  
2.  Make-over my art space.  It's been a few years since I moved all of my arty-ness into one of the upstairs bedrooms and it is time for an overhaul.  It's a beautiful room, but since my focus has shifted so much to sewing, it needs more storage for fabric and a permanent home for the sewing machine - far, far away from the dining room table it's been haunting for the last year and half.
3.  Spend more time painting and drawing... like the good old days.  And let's make this goal for FUN (so, not counting the commissioned work).  I used to do a bit of drawing or painting (in some form) most days, but the craziness of the day job/school/Dove Tree project has consumed most of my time.  Now that the day job part is outta the way...
4.  Stick to the projects that I love and look forward to doing.  That's the whole point of ditching the regular hours, right?!

Part of the challenge is to post progress... so therein lies the accountability.  
Wish me luck!

4-simple-goals

2 comments:

Lumina said...

hi, i'm doing this challenge too, good luck with your goals they are great

Kari said...

Thanks Lumina - good luck to you too!